Hasso Plattner Institute, Germany 03/2010 - Present
I have started my PhD study at Hasso Plattner Institut, University Potsdam in 2010. My major research interests are:
- Multimedia technology
- Video analysis
- Video OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- ASR (automated speech recognition) etc.
- Semantic web
Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany 10/2002 - 01/2008
I have got my Dipl.-Ing degree (Diplom Studium) at Technical University Ilmenau. My college major is digital-media technology.
- I have written my Diploma Thesis "music visualization using graphic card technology" at Fraunhofer Institut für Digital Medien Technologie (IDMT)
Course 2000 - 2001
- Preparatory Course in Ilmenau, Germany 05/2001 - 03/2002
- German Course, in Peking 09/2000 - 03/2001
School, in Zheng Zhou, China09/1988 - 07/2000
|Major Programming Languages||C#, Java, C++, C, Python|
|IDE||MS-Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, Adobe Premiere, Maya|
|Audio Programming||Java-Sound API, Base.Net|
|Programming Libraries and Development Software||TortoiseSVN, .Net Framework 3.5, CCTrees, DevExpress, DotnetBar, GoDragram, TXTextControl, TreeGX, FlexCel, Boorst Lib, NHibernat, Ocropus, Tesseract, CMU Sphinx|
|Operation Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X|
|Datenbase||MS-SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL|
|Documentation||Latex, MS-Office, iWork|
Current ProjectsMy work focus on both, research and implementation of multimedia analysis technology (video OCR, video ASR), content based video search technology, semantic information extraction etc. in following research projects:
MEDIAGLOBE - The digital archive is part of the THESEUS research program initiated by the German Federal Ministry of Economy and Technology (BMWi). MEDIAGLOBE deals with digitization, analysis, and semantic retrieval of historical, documentary audiovisual content.
Semantic Media Explorer (SEMEX) - The Semantic Media Explorer is a demonstrator that combines the latest media analysis processes to provides optimal access to video content.
tele-TASK - tele-TASK (tele-Teaching Anywhere Solution Kit) is an advanced mobile system for the production of Internet streaming videos and podcasts featuring a new and drastically simplified technology.
Research Assistant/PhD Student, Hasso Plattner Institute 03/2010 - Present
My work focus on multimedia analysis technology, video search, semantic information extraction, semantic web technology etc.
- Research and development of a video OCR software-framework
- Research and development of a video ASR software-framework
- Development and integration of video analysis framework into web lecture video portal www.tele-task.de
- Research and development of a context based framework for automated video analysis
- Teaching assistance for related lectures and seminars.
Software engineer, company Andagon GmbH09/2008 - 03/2010
Developement of QA-software aqua
- development environment .Net 2.0, .Net 3.5
- Windows form developement in C#
- software structure construction and implementation
- Microsoft SQL server, object-relational mapping solution NHibernet
- Using development software CCTrees, TortoiseSVN and other programming libraries
- Writing unit test program
Web developer, company db-Central GmbH03/2008 - 06/2008
Diploma Thesis at Fraunhofer IDMT06/2007 - 01/2008
Thesis Title "Visualisierung von Musikdaten mit Hilfe moderner Grafikprozessoren" ("music visualization using graphic card technology")
- Research on Graphic-Card technology
- Research on theory and applications in music-visualization domain
- Implemenation of a software library for music-visualization (Programming in OpenGL)
- Migration of visualization software in music-analysis framework
Internship at Volkswagen AG11/2006 - 04/2007
- Implementation of XPath Application in Adobe Flash
- Research on SCROM
- Migration of Online-Productiontraining system in E-Learning-Standard SCROM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model)
- Maintained the VW Intranet
- Haojin Yang, Bernhard Quehl and Harald Sack, "A Framework for Improved Video Text Detection and Recognition", Int. Journal of MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS (MTAP), Print ISSN:1380-7501, online ISSN:1573-7721, Publicher: springer Netherlands, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-012-1250-6.
- Haojin Yang, Harald Sack, Christoph Meinel, "Lecture Video Indexing and Analysis Using Video OCR Technology", International Journal of Multimedia Processing and Technologies (JMPT), Volume: 2, Issue:4, pp. 176-196, Print ISSN: 0976-4127, Online ISSN: 0976-4135, Dec. 2011
- Haojin Yang, Christoph Oehlke and Christoph Meinel, "An Automated Analysis and Indexing Framework for Lecture Video Portal", 11th International Conference on Web-based Learning (ICWL 2012), 2 - 4th September 2012, Sinaia, Romania. Springer lecture notes, Volume 7558, 2012.(best student paper award)
- Haojin Yang, Bernhard Quehl, Harald Sack, "A skeleton based binarization approach for video text recognition", 13th International Workshop on Image analysis for multimedia interactive services (WIAMIS 2012, H-index: 13), 23rd - 25th May 2012, Dublin Ireland
- C. Hentschel, J. Hercher, M. Knuth, J. Osterhoff, B. Quehl, H. Sack, N. Steinmetz, J. Waitelonis, H.Yang: "Open Up Cultural Heritage in Video Archives with Mediaglobe", 12th International Conference on Innovative Internet Community Services (I2CS 2012), June 13-15, 2012, Trondheim (Norway)
- Haojin Yang, Franka Gruenewald and Christoph Meinel, "Automated extraction of lecture outlines from lecture videos: a hybrid solution for lecture video indexing", 4th Int. Conf. on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU), SciTePress, Porto, Portugal, April. 16-18
- Haojin Yang, Bernhard Quehl and Harald Sack, "Text detection in video images using adaptive edge detection and stroke width verification" 19th Int. Conf. on Systems, Signals and Image Processing (IWSSIP), IEEE Press, Vienna, Austria, April. 11-13, 2012
- Haojin Yang, Maria Siebert, Patrick Lühne, Harald Sack and Christoph Meinel, "Automatic Lecture Video Indexing Using Video OCR Technology" IEEE Int. Symposium on Multimedia 2011 (ISM 2011), Dana Point, CA, USA, Dec. 5-7, 2011
- Haojin Yang, Maria Siebert, Patrick Lühne, Harald Sack and Christoph Meinel, "Lecture Video Indexing and Analysis Using Video OCR Technology", 7th Int. Conf. on Signal Image Technology and Internet Based Systems (SITIS 2011), Track Internet Based Computing and Systems, Dijon (France), Nov.28 - Dec. 1, 2011
- Haojin Yang, Christoph Oehlke and Christoph Meinel, "A Solution for German Speech Recognition for Analysis and Processing of Lecture Videos" 10th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science (ICIS 2011) , Sanya, Heinan Island, China, May 2011